* To promote the welfare of children and youth in the home, school, community, and place of worship.
* To raise the standards of home life.
* To secure adequate laws for care and protection of children and youth.
* To help develop a closer relationship between home and school so that parents and teachers may
cooperate intelligently in the education of children and youth.
* To develop between educators and the general public such united efforts as will secure for all children and youth the highest advantages in physical, mental, social, and spiritual education.
New York State PTA
Child Health Information Project
New York State Education Department
NYSED Parent Resources
No Child Left Behind Act
U.S. Department of Education